Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Laptop Case Debacle


Ok, so I need your help! I take the subway to work each morning, but I cannot stand the commute knowing that I will be lugging ,what feels like, a dead-body on my shoulder, aka: my computer bag. Honestly, that clunky, black, shoulder-ache-inducing brick sets me behind like 7 minutes each morning. It’s horrible, but I just have to bring my laptop to work each day. I was talking to my boss today about how insanely heavy our laptops are and he suggested that I get a rollaway laptop case. I just gave him a look signaling “hah! In you’re dreams will I be caught dead with a rollaway computer bag.” I was made fun of in grade school for carrying a bright metallic purple rolly backpack from the GAP and that was enough humiliation for me, thank-you-very-much.
But, now that I think about it…it would be reallllly nice not to have to lug that bag over my shoulder. I mean, I’ve seen older-men wheeling their computers to work, but is that socially acceptable for a young professional like me? Be honest, would I look like a complete geek if I showed up to work with, basically, a rollaway backpack? I don’t want to reenact my middle-school years, but I want to save myself from back problems, too!
So, what do you all think? Should I invest in a rollaway laptop case? Or should I suck up the pain and carry a bag like everyone else? Let me know!
Oh, and this is the one I was thinking of getting, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment